AAT Bookkeeping Levels 1 2 3
AAT015 / AAT035
Study AAT Bookkeeping Levels 1 2 3 and achieve a recognised bookkeeping qualification from the comfort of your own home with this three-course bundle!
- Gain these AAT Bookkeeping Level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications from one of the most respected and widely-known awarding bodies worldwide.
- Ideal for those hoping to start their career in bookkeeping or support their own business.
- AAT qualifications are recognised by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies and are widely sought after by employers.
- Opportunity to progress your career further with an accounting course once you have completed this course.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- If you add on your exams, we will book and pay for them for you!
This AAT Bookkeeping Level 1 and 2 is an entry-level bundle qualification that has been designed for those with no experience or knowledge of bookkeeping who wish to achieve a career in the field. Whether you are new to bookkeeping, or someone who is looking to develop their skillset to benefit their business, this course is ideal for you.
AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, working with members around the world. Their qualifications are highly sought-after and as an AAT qualification, this accredited course will help you to progress your career.
During your studies on this course, you’ll first grasp the basics of financial transactions, and processing customer and supplier transactions as well as receipts and payments. Next, you’ll move on to expanding your knowledge of various bookkeeping transactions and controls, including using a journal, reconciling a bank statement with the cash book, and processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance. When moving on to your level 3 studies, you’ll learn about double-entry bookkeeping, how to distinguish between financial recordings and reporting requirements of different types of organisations, and the implications of tax errors and omissions.
You will need to complete your AAT exams to complete and achieve your qualification. You can choose to add your AAT exams on to your enrolment. If you do not add your exams to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams.
Up to two years.
Approximately 360 hours.
On successful completion of your exams, you will receive an AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping Level 1, AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2 and AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3.
You must be 16 years old in order to enrol on this course. You will also need basic maths and IT skills.
Tutor-marked assignments and six exams.
- Applying the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and recording depreciation calculations
- Recording period and adjustments
- Recording period and adjustments Producing and extending the trial balance
- Distinguishing between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explaining the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders
- Producing accounts for partnership
- Recognising the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understanding and applying VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding implications of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Reporting VAT related information in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
- Understanding financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing receipts and payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a bookkeeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- The duties and responsibilities of a bookkeeper
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Buying and selling
- Bookkeeping terminology
- Invoices and credit notes
- Recording information
- Outstanding amounts
- Recording receipts and payments
- Understanding and using the cash book
- Checking the cash book
The qualification is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assessments and six external exams, which you will complete at the end of your course. This computer-based exam must be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. Your tutor will be able to help you decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
Booking your assessments
You can choose to add your exams on to your enrolment. If you choose this option, we will book and pay for your exams for you. Our partner exam centres for students choosing to book their exams through us are based in Birmingham or Irthlingborough near Northampton. When choosing to add your exams to your enrolment, it is important to note that we are only able to book your exams at the specified centres in either Birmingham or Irthlingborough, and therefore, you must be prepared to travel to one of those centre to complete your exam.
Alternatively, if you choose not to add your assessments to your enrolment, you will need to book and pay for these separately.
This bundle course will take you approximately 360 hours to complete. To allow you to study at your own pace, you will have up to two years to complete your course which is more than enough time.
Once you have enrolled, you will receive all course materials by post. You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you.
You will also receive unlimited tutor support via email for two years.
Once you have registered with AAT for your student membership, you will have access to their library of online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments to help you prepare for your exams.
Once you have successfully completed your tutor-marked assignments and exams, you will receive your AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping Level 1, AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2, and AAT Advanced Certificate In Bookkeeping Level 3 qualifications from The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is the world’s leading professional membership body for over 130,000 accounting professionals. AAT’s vocational qualifications are recognised internationally and by all chartered and certified accountancy bodies in the UK.
You must be 16 years old to enrol on this course, as well as have basic maths and IT skills.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add your exams to your enrolment, these are included within the cost. However, if you choose to book your exams separately, you must book and pay for these yourself.
More information on fees can be found on the AAT website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.