AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3
AAT009 / AAT032
Gain a recognised qualification with this AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 course from home!
- Gain this AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 qualification from one of the most respected and widely-known awarding bodies worldwide.
- Ideal for experienced bookkeepers looking to acquire further knowledge and skills, or for those progressing from the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2.
- AAT qualifications are recognised by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies and are widely sought after by employers.
- Provides career development opportunities for entry-level bookkeepers.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- If you add on your exams, we will book and pay for them for you!
This AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 is an ideal qualification that has been designed for those with an existing understanding of bookkeeping who wish to develop their bookkeeping and finance career. Whether you are already working in bookkeeping, or someone who is self-employed and wants to expand their skillset and aid their business, this course is ideal for you.
AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, working with members around the world. Their qualifications are highly sought-after and as an AAT qualification, this accredited course will help you to progress your career.
During your studies on this course, you’ll learn about double-entry bookkeeping, how to distinguish between financial recordings and reporting requirements of different types of organisations, and the implications of tax errors and omissions.
You will need to complete your AAT exams to complete and achieve your qualification. You can choose to add your AAT exams on to your enrolment. If you do not add your exams to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams.
Up to one year.
Approximately 210 hours.
On successful completion of your exams, you will receive your AAT Advanced Certificate In Bookkeeping Level 3.
Recommend that you have studied bookkeeping level 2 or have a basic understanding of bookkeeping.
Six tutor marked assessments and three unit exams.
- Applying the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implementing procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and recording depreciation calculations
- Recording period and adjustments
- Recording period and adjustments Producing and extending the trial balance
- Distinguishing between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explaining the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing accounts for sole traders
- Producing accounts for partnership
- Recognising the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understanding and applying VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately completing VAT returns and submitting them in a timely manner
- Understanding implications of errors, omissions and late filling and payment
- Reporting VAT related information in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
The qualification is assessed through six tutor-marked assessments and three external exams, which you will complete at the end of your course. This computer-based exam must be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. Your tutor will be able to help you decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
Booking your assessments
You can choose to add your exams on to your enrolment. If you choose this option, we will book and pay for your exams for you. Our partner exam centres for students choosing to book their exams through us are based in Birmingham or Irthlingborough near Northampton. When choosing to add your exams to your enrolment, it is important to note that we are only able to book your exams at the specified centres in either Birmingham or Irthlingborough, and therefore, you must be prepared to travel to one of those centre to complete your exam.
Alternatively, if you choose not to add your assessments to your enrolment, you will need to book and pay for these separately.
This course will take you approximately 210 hours to complete. To allow you to study at your own pace, you will have up to twelve months to complete your course which is more than enough time.
Once you have enrolled, you will receive all course materials by post. You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you.
You will also receive unlimited tutor support via email for twelve months.
Once you have registered with AAT for your student membership, you will have access to their library of online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments to help you prepare for your exams.
Once you have successfully completed your tutor-marked assessments and exam, you will receive an AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 3 from The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is the world’s leading professional membership body for over 130,000 accounting professionals. AAT’s vocational qualifications are recognised internationally and by all chartered and certified accountancy bodies in the UK.
You must be 16 years old to enrol on this course. You will also need basic maths and IT skills. It is also strongly advised that you have studied bookkeeping at level 2, or have experience and basic understanding of bookkeeping principles before enrolling on course.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add your exams to your enrolment, these are included within the cost. However, if you choose to book your exams separately, you must book and pay for these yourself.
More information on fees can be found on the AAT website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.