ActiveIQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition
Kick-start your career as a specialist instructor for pre and postnatal women with this Level 3 course!
- Understand the key considerations for pre and postnatal clients participating in physical activity.
- Learn how to design and implement an effective and successful exercise plan for both pre-natal and post-natal clients.
- Gain 20 CPD points for REPs membership.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in personal training, this Active IQ Level 3 Award is ideal for students aspiring to become a specialist instructor for pre and post-natal clients, who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in designing pre and post-natal exercise programmes and for those who would like to go onto further vocational training and placement opportunities.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 40 hours to complete.
You will receive your ActiveIQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Post-Natal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
To enrol on this course, students must have previously obtained a relevant qualification. Please see Q&A section for more information.
A series of worksheets and a case study.
- Understand the benefits and barriers/concerns of physical activity for pre and postnatal clients
- Know the physiological and biomechanical changes that take place during pregnancy
- Know the physiological and biomechanical changes that take place during the postnatal period
- Understand the key considerations for pre and postnatal clients participating in physical activity
- Understand how to collect information to ensure health and safety when working with a pre or postnatal client
- Know the role that healthcare professionals play in supporting pre and postnatal clients
- Know the nutritional requirements for pre and postnatal clients
- Be able to design an individualised, safe and effective exercise programme for a pre or postnatal client
- Be able to record and individualised, safe and effective exercise programme for a pre or postnatal client
- Be able to identify and manage specific risks to the pre or postnatal client when participating in physical activity
Students’ knowledge will be tested by two different assessment methods. To successfully complete Unit 1, students will be asked to complete a series of worksheets to determine students’ understanding of key concepts and materials. Unit 2 will be assessed via a case study which requires students to design a programme card for each trimester and post-natal period.
This course will take approximately 40 hours to complete. Once enrolled, you will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. You choose whether you want to study this course through a course pack or an online learning platform. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
E-Learning System Requirements
You will need Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, which can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe website. You will also need to ensure your computer is able to play sound as some of the videos include audio.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive an ActiveIQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Post-Natal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition (qualification accreditation number 603/3592/O). This means that you will achieve a Level 3 qualification on The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Active IQ are one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations for the active leisure, learning and wellbeing sector and are recognised and regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA. They design qualifications that support clearly defined career pathways for the active leisure sector.
Your qualification is accredited by ActiveIQ, one of the UK’s leading Ofqual approved awarding bodies in the health, fitness and active leisure sector.
Open Study College qualifications are recognised by REPs.
REPs (The Register of Exercise Professionals) is an independent public register which provides regulation for instructors and trainers to ensure that they meet National Occupational Standards agreed by the health and fitness industry. This will enable you to obtain public liability insurance to practise as a Gym Instructor.
Membership with REPs is valued and respected, enhancing employability, and is recognised in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
To enrol on this course, students must have previously obtained one of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Level 2 Certificate in Group Training
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.