Sale! Animal Welfare QLS Level 4
Develop your understanding of animal welfare within a wide range of contexts.
- Animal welfare is the study of the ethics involved in the care, farming and conversation of animals
- This course covers the legal, ethical, commercial, agricultural and conservational aspects of animal welfare
- From marine life and elephants in the wild to ethical farming in the UK, this course provides maximum coverage of welfare topics for different animals and their habitats
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Animal Welfare Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Tutor Marked Assignments
- Ethics: thinkers and theories
- Legislative Acts
- Codes of Practice
- The role of welfare organisations
- The Five Freedoms
- Animal Welfare vs. Animal Rights
- Animal welfare in veterinary practice
- Animal boarding establishments licence
- Animal breeding
- Pet shops
- Welfare legislation for farmed animals
- Welfare of pigs in the European Union
- Dairy farming
- Animal transportation
- Legislation for animal collections
- Rare and endangered species
- Laws on transportation of animals
- Assessing wild animal welfare
- Welfare of bears
- Welfare of elephants
- Welfare of wolves
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- The UKs protected mammals
- Badger culling
- Dormouse decline
- Endangered birds
- Bat conservation
- Protecting the marine environment
- Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009
- Shark welfare
- Whale welfare
- Coral reef endangerment
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
• * Comprehensive study guide
• * Open Study College pen and highlighter
• * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will be receive a Certificate of Achievement in Animal Welfare Level 4.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.