Sale! CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care
Kick-start your career in health and social care, from home!
- Gain an understanding about the fundamental principles of health and social care
- Develop your knowledge in equality, diversity and rights
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care to kick-start your career
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in health and social care, this CACHE Level 2 course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in health and social care and aspire to achieve a career working in the sector.
Up to 1 year
Approximately 240 hours.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 601/8854/6
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in health and social care
- Legislation, policies, procedures and codes of practice in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand discrimination
- Approaches to challenge discrimination
- How the health and social care practitioner’s own values, beliefs and experiences can influence delivery of care
- Understand person-centred practice
- How person-centred practice is used to support individuals
- Impacts of person-centred practice on individuals
- Ethical dilemmas that may arise when balancing individuals’ rights and duty of care
- Understand human growth and development across the lifespan
- The life stages of human growth and development
- Social, emotional, cognitive and physical development within each life stage
- Holistic development
- Understand influences which impact upon human growth and development
- The nature versus nurture debate in relation to human growth and development
- The medical model of health and well-being
- The medical model of health and well-being Factors which impact upon human growth and development
- The importance of recognising and responding to concerns regarding an individual’s growth and development
- Understand significant life events across the lifespan
- The impact that significant life events may have on an individual
- Understand how health and social care services meet the care needs of individuals through the lifespan
- How health and social care services meet the care needs of individuals through the life stages
- Legislation, policies, procedures and codes of practice in relation to the safeguarding and protection
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding
- How the health and social care practitioner safeguards individuals and themselves
- Understand types of abuse
- Signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours which may cause concern
- Factors which contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Understand action to be taken by the health and social care practitioner in response to evidence or concerns that an individual is at risk or has been harmed or abused
- The responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to whistleblowing
- The boundaries of confidentiality in relation to the safeguarding, protection and well-being of individuals
- Understand the benefits of working in partnership in relation to safeguarding and protection
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 240 hours to complete. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however you must be at least 16 years of age.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need to be working to enrol onto this course as this is a knowledge only qualification.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your NCFE CACHE Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.