CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1001 & 220-1002)
Kick-start your career in IT with this accredited qualification, from home!
- Develop your knowledge in areas such as installation, preventive maintenance and security.
- Take advantage of the visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations included in your course materials.
- Learn more about the Microsoft Windows operating system and its features.
- Understand how to troubleshoot software issues on Microsoft Windows and mobile devices.
The CompTIA A+ Certification is internationally recognised and accredited. The certification is developed and maintained by leading IT experts and is the most essential certification for anyone wanting to begin or boost their career in IT.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive both a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion and a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Laptop hardware and components
- Laptop display types and installing display components
- Laptop features such as special function keys, docking stations and port replicators
- Mobile device types
- Wired and wireless mobile device ports and accessories
- Network connectivity and application support
- Synchronization methods, connection types and software requirements
- TCP and UDP ports: protocols and their purpose
- Common networking hardware
- Basic wired and wireless network configurations for small or home offices
- Wireless networking protocols
- Networked hosts services
- Common network configurations
- Internet and network types and features
- Networking tools
- Cable types and their features
- Common connector types
- RAM types and installation
- Install and configure storage devices
- Storage devices and configuration
- Motherboards, CPUs and add-on cards
- Peripheral devices such as speakers, signature cards, game controllers, etc.
- Power supply types
- Custom PC configurations based on customer needs and specifications
- Common device configurations
- Configuration of multifunction devices and printers for small or home offices
- Print technologies, including installation and maintenance
- Cloud concepts: common models, different types of cloud-based services and apps, virtual desktops, shared resources, and elasticity
- Client-side virtualisation: virtual machine purpose and setup
- Best practices for solving problems
- Troubleshooting problems for motherboards, RAM, CPUs and power
- Troubleshooting hard drives and RAID arrays
- Troubleshooting video, projector and display issues
- Troubleshooting common mobile device problems
- Troubleshooting common printer issues
- Troubleshooting common wired and wireless network problems
- Common operating system types and their purposes
- Features of Microsoft Windows versions
- General OS installation considerations and upgrade methods
- Using appropriate Microsoft command line tools
- Using Microsoft operating system features and tools
- Using Microsoft Windows Control panel utilities
- Application installation and configuration concepts
- Configuring Microsoft Windows networking on a client/desktop
- Using features and tools of the Mac OS and Linux client/desktop operating systems
- The importance of physical security measures
- Logical security concepts
- Wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Detecting, removing, and preventing malware using appropriate tools and methods
- Social engineering, threats, and vulnerabilities
- The differences in basic Microsoft Windows OS security settings
- Implementing security best practices to secure a workstation
- Implementing methods for securing mobile devices
- Implementing appropriate data destruction and disposal methods
- Configuring security on small or home office wireless and wired networks
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows OS problems
- Troubleshooting and resolve PC security issues
- Using best practice procedures for malware removal
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application issues
- Troubleshooting mobile OS and application security issues
- Best practices associated with types of documentation
- Implementing basic change management best practices
- Implementing basic disaster prevention and recovery methods
- Common safety procedures
- Environmental impacts and appropriate controls
- The processes for addressing prohibited content/activity, and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Using proper communication techniques and professionalism
- Identifying the basics of scripting
- Using remote access technologies
To receive the full CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1001 and 220-1002), you will need to complete two exams. Exams are held at Pearson Vue centres and cost approximately £100.
With this flexible home learning course, you can fast-forward, rewind or repeat all the online classes so you can go at your own pace with no strict deadlines. You will have 12 months to complete this bundle course.
This blended learning solution offers a highly interactive and engaging learning environment with video demonstrations, multimedia presentations and educational games to assist with your study. Fun quizzes and exam simulations after each module reinforce your confidence and aid progression to the next stage. This course also includes the use of social networking forums, so you chat and gain friendly advice and support from other students.
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Certificate of Completion and a CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certificate of Completion, so you can showcase your achievement to future employers.
No previous knowledge is required to enrol onto this course. However, we recommend you have a basic knowledge of IT.
To receive the full CompTIA certification, you will need to sit two exams at the cost of around £100 each each at a Pearson Vue centre.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.