Sale! Criminology QLS Level 3 and Criminal Psychology QLS Level 3
Pursue your studies in criminology and criminal psychology, from home!
- Develop an understanding of the broad principles and theories of crime
- Gain knowledge of how crime is defined, understood and dealt with by society
- Discover the workings of the criminal justice system and learn more about how crime is policed
- Understand the psychological factors that can influence someone to commit a crime
Criminology is relevant to a wide range of professions, within the police force, psychology, the criminal justice system, government, security management and social work, to name only a few.
This combined course offers you the chance to study the theories of criminology, paired with studies in criminal psychology.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 240 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Criminology Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Criminal Psychology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Historical explanations
- Genetic explanations
- Biochemical explanations
- Neurological explanations
- Personality theories
- Social learning theory
- Media and crime
- Psychodynamic theory
- Vulnerabilities towards crime
- Sub-cultural theories
- Strain theory
- Status Frustration
- Differential Association
- Environmental Theory
- Social Bond Theory
- Risk Factors
- Relative Deprivation
- Diagnosing abnormal behaviour
- Cognitive approaches
- Beck's Negative Triad
- Psychopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Behavioural Theory
- Cognitive Theory
- Life Events
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Eyewitness testimony
- Leading question
- Anxiety and weapon effect
- Cognitive interview
- Detecting deception
- Juries and sentencing
- Mary Bell
- Thompson and Venables
- Kip Kinkel
- The complex and diverse nature of defining crime
- How crime is measured
- Police recording of crime and the Crime Survey of England and Wales
- Key criminological theories
- Assess dominant views of crime
- Theories with statistical data
- Traditional and Neo Marxist views on crime
- Right realist views
- Fully social theory with statistical data
- What constitutes violent crime
- Different constructions of violent crime
- Key theories of violent criminality
- Critique dominant discourses
- The main functions of the police service
- How policing has changed over the last 100 years
- The role of policing
- Assess the future direction of the police service
- Different theories of punishment;
- The merits of different views on punishment;
- The dominant use of prison as a form of punishment in the UK
- Using statistical evidence that capital punishment acts as a deterrent
The criminology and criminal psychology course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive all course materials by post or online, plus full tutor support by mail or email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Criminology Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Criminal Psychology Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.