Sale! Dog Training QLS Level 3
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to become a dog trainer, from home!
- The history of dog training
- Learning theory and communication- understanding of human learning, as teaching the owner is the hardest part of dog training
- Mechanisms of learning and behaviour, body language and bond building
- Puppy training and beyond
- Teaching basic exercises, praise and reward and recognising stress in dogs and owners
- Discovering rally, flyball, agility and other dog sports
It will give you the chance to develop skills and knowledge in dog training
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be sent to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Dog Training Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Development of dog training
- Problems with dog training methods
- Principles and objectives
- Learning theories
- Assumptions and unconscious beliefs
- Dynamics of communication
- Learn to earn
- Dogs body language
- Building bonds
- Welcoming a new puppy
- Socialisation and habitualisation
- Developmental deadlines
- Canine adolescence
- House training
- Teaching tricks
- Positive and negative reinforcement
- Clicker training works
- UK Rally
- Tracking and training
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been bench marked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
No previous qualifications or knowledge is needed to enrol on this course. Although a level 2 in animal care course would be beneficial.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.