Early Years and Child Psychology QLS Level 3
Discover an insight into the fascinating subjects of early years and child psychology!
- Deepen your understanding of how children develop.
- Understand how to provide an environment that enables children to learn and develop effectively.
- Learn how children form relationships and how they develop emotionally, socially and morally.
- Study the way in which a child’s mind works and how it relates to child psychology.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to two years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from The Quality License Scheme and TQUK.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Psychology QLS Level 3
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby's theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The child's first relationship
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg's perspective
- Eisenberg's perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
- Memory and memory processes
- Short- and long-term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children's minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
- Having a sense of gender
Early Years Level 3
- A child's development
- Factors affecting development
- Meeting the individual child's needs
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Promoting children's physical and emotional wellbeing
- The Children Act 1989
- Respectful relationships
- Communication needs
- Relationships within early years settings
- Children's friendships
- The key worker
- Effective communication with children
- Partnerships with parents
- Effective communication with parents
- Multi-agency working
- Organising the environment
- Laws and legislation
- Heating, lighting and ventilation
- Safety equipment
- Risk assessment
- The indoor environment
- The outdoor environment
- The wider environment
- The common assessment framework
- Areas of development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- The prime areas of learning
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- The specific areas of learning
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- Planning to meet children's development needs
- Methods of observation
- Factors to consider when observing children
- Statutory assessment
- The early years foundation stage profile
- Long-term planning
- Medium-term planning
- Short-term planning
- Child protection
- Spotting signs of abuse
- Responding to concerns
- RIDDOR 1995
- Providing a nutritionally balanced diet
- Food safety and hygiene
- Behaviour management
- The layout of the environment
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive a course pack containing all study materials or online materials, as well as full tutor support by email. So help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Child Psychology Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
You will also receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualification UK (TQUK) in Early Years Level 3.
The Quality License Scheme
This Child Psychology Level 3 course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Early Years Level 3 course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification, but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each assignment is marked by your tutor. Once all coursework has been completed successfully, you will achieve two certificates of achievement in Early Years Level 3 and Child Psychology Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.