Edexcel Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 2
OSC1418 / OSC1419 / OSC1422
SAVE £75 on this course in our biggest January sale EVER!
Enter code JANSALE75 at checkout to apply the discount. Hurry, sale ends Monday!
Boost your English, IT and Maths skills from home with this accredited Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 2 qualification.
- This Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 2 course is equivalent to two grade 4 GCSEs.
- Accredited and recognised qualification that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in English, ICT and maths.
- You’ll become proficient in ICT and understand the modern office.
- Develop your reading and writing skills, including punctuation and grammar.
- Improve your mathematical skills.
- Achieve this qualification from the comfort your own home, at your own pace.
Our Edexcel Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 2 qualification will provide you with accredited, nationally recognised qualifications in Maths, English and IT.
The IT course has been designed for anyone looking to understand the fundamentals of ICT. During this course, you’ll learn more about using storage and software, how to use databases and spreadsheets, and how to product word documents and slide presentations.
This course has been designed around the use of Microsoft Office; however, the contents of this course is also applicable to other solutions such as Google applications too.
Your maths course will help you to expand your knowledge of ratios, algebra, probability, and calculating volume and circumference.
Your English course will cover speaking, listening, and communication, as well as reading and writing.
Please note, you cannot achieve your full qualifications without completing the exams.
Up to three years.
Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Level 2, Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 2, and Edexcel Functional Skills Maths Level 2 qualifications.
There are no specific entry requirements to study this course.
Six exams. You will also complete tutor marked assessments throughout your course to allow you and your tutor to track your progress.
Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 2
- Extracting relevant information
- Following narratives and line of arguments
- Communication information, ideas and opinions
- Making requests and asking questions
- Expressing opinions and arguments
- Using language effectively
- Making relevant and constructive contributions
- Adapting contributions
- Interjecting and redirecting discussions
- Identify key information needed for a range of situations
- Compare information, ideas and opinions
- Identify implicit and inferred meaning
- Understand the relationship between textual features and devices
- Use a range of reference materials and appropriate resources
- Understand organisational features
- Analyses texts of different complexity
- Follow and identify different points of an argument
- Identify different styles of writing and writers voice
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Communicating information, ideas and opinions effectively and clearly
- Writing texts to meet the needs of purpose and audience
- Organising writing for different purposes
- Using different language and register
- Constructing complex sentences
Edexcel Functional Skills ICT Level 2
- Health and safety of using computers
- Adjusting system settings
- Creating files and folders
- Controlling access to files
- Keeping your device secure
- Selecting software
- Understanding the user interface
- Using storage and storage devices
- Identify information required
- How to search effectively
- Evaluate websites
- How to save appropriately
- How to extract information using copy and paste, screenshotting, and copy and paste.
- How to present information in How to search data a table
- How to search data
- How to sort and filter data
- Understand queries and reports
- Be able to present information
- Validate data
- Apply formatting
- Carry out calculations
- Use conditions
- Display data graphically
- Typing and copy and paste text
- Inserting imagery
- Applying formatting
- Presenting work
- Making slides and editing them
- Animating and transitioning
- Sending and receiving
- Contacts lists
- Organising your inbox
Edexcel Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Positive and negative numbers
- Addition and subtraction in a practical context
- Multiplication and division in a practical context
- Factors and multiples
- Fractions and Decimals
- Scaling quantities
- Using map scales
- Converting percentages, fractions and decimals
- Compound interest
- Substituting equations
- Simplifying equations and multiplying out brackets
- Changing the subject of an equation
- Solving simple equations
- Unit conversion
- Speed, distance and time
- Perimeter and area of 2D shapes
- 3D shapes
- Elevations and plans
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Continuous and discrete data
- Simple statistical tests on data
- Graphs and charts
- Comparing data
- Understanding probability
Once enrolled, you have up to three years to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or online, depending on the study method you choose. If you choose to study online, your login details will be emailed to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away.
You will also be provided with a range of further reading and videos to support your learning
Exams and assessments
Functional Skills ICT Level 2 exam
To achieve your Functional Skills ICT Level 2 qualification, you must complete the exam. You will be assessed via an online exam. The exam will consist of two parts and will last for two hours. Your exam will be marked out of 50.
Functional Skills English Level 2 exam
Your Functional Skills English Level 2 qualification will require you to complete two written exam papers and one practical speaking exam.
Functional Skills Maths Level 2 exam
Your Functional Skills Maths Level 2 qualification will require you to complete two written exam papers, one with a calculator and one without.
You will also complete a series of tutor-marked assignments throughout your course. This will allow both you and your tutor to track your progress as you make your way through your studies.
Booking your exams
When you enrol on your course, you will have the option to add your exams to your enrolment, or you can select the course-only option.
If you choose to add your exams on to your enrolment, all you need to do is contact us when you are ready to sit your exams, we will book and pay for them on your behalf.
If you do not add your exams on to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams yourself. If you select this option, you must source and liaise with your chosen exam centre in order to book your exams, Open Study College will not be able to book your exams for you.
Please note – if you choose to book your exams with us, your exams for Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 courses will need to be taken at either of our Birmingham, Coventry, Bolton, Doncaster, Wimbledon, St Neots, or Taunton centres.
Upon successful completion of the course and your exam, you will achieve both Functional Skills ICT Level 2, Functional Skills English Level 2, and Functional Skills Maths Level 2 qualification from Edexcel.
Edexcel is a highly respected and recognised awarding body, and their qualifications allow learners to succeed in life, learning, and employment. Functional Skills are nationally recognised level 2 alternative to GCSEs.
Once you have achieved your Functional Skills English, Maths, and ICT Level 2 qualifications, you could progress to study the subjects at GCSE, A Level, BTEC Level 3, or an alternative level 3 qualification.
Functional Skills ICT Level 2 - online exam
Duration: two hours
Assessment format: online exam consisting of two parts.
Functional Skills English Level 2 - practical exam
Duration: 40 minutes
Assessment format: a five-minute presentation with a question and answer session, and a 15-minute formal discussion.
Functional Skills English Level 2 - paper 1
Duration: 75 minutes
Assessment format: multiple-choice, short and medium open response questions.
Functional Skills English Level 2 - paper 2
Duration: 60 minutes
Assessment format: two set tasks with 42% of marks assessing spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Functional SkillsMaths Level 2 - non-calculator
Duration: 25 minutes
Marks: 16 in total
Assessment format: on-screen or paper-based assessment
Functional SkillsMaths Level 2 - calculator
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Marks: 48 in total
Assessment format: on-screen or paper-based assessment
There are no formal course requirements, but it is recommended that you have access to a computer with internet access.
You will have three years from enrolment to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Exclusive Open Study College study pack including pen, highlighter, notebook and document wallet.
*Not included with the online study option.
Yes, in order to achieve your Functional Skills qualifications, you must complete the exams required by the course’s exam board. You can choose to add your exams to your enrolment with us, in which case we will book and pay for your exams for you when you are ready. Alternatively, if you choose the course-only option, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams which can be done directly with the exam centre.
Please note – if you choose to book your exams with us, your exams for Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2 will need to be taken at either our Birmingham, Coventry, Bolton, Doncaster, Wimbledon, St Neots, or Taunton centres.
If you select the course-only option when enrolling on your course, you will need to book directly with the exam centre and pay for your exams yourself. However, if you choose to add the exams package to your enrolment, we will take care of booking and paying for your exams for you when you are ready.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.