Sale! Garden Design QLS Level 3
Whether you want an active and creative career, or simply want to spruce up your garden at home, this course covers everything you need to know about the principles of garden design, from home!
- Enhance your knowledge of garden design principles
- Undertake practical research into garden design
- Study the importance of site and soil and how these factor into garden design
- Learn the art of hard and soft landscaping
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper-based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 100,000 students that already have!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Garden Design Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The purpose of garden design
- The history of garden design
- Key figures in garden design history
- Different garden design styles
- The key design principles used in garden design
- How these key principles are interlinked
- The elements of formal garden design
- The elements of informal garden design
- How to appraise an existing garden
- The key factors in site appraisal
- How to deal with different levels within a site
- How to plot the site on to paper
- The purpose of hard landscaping elements
- Five different types of hard landscaping elements
- Five different hard landscaping materials
- The importance of foundations in hard landscaping
- The purpose of a planting plan and how to create one
- How to use plants in garden design
- Different types of plants that can be obtained and their uses
- Range of plants and their features
- Range of problems that may exist in a garden
- Specialist garden needs
- Solutions to specialist problems
- The need for health and safety considerations
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Garden Design Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.