Sale! Grief Counselling Level 3
Broaden your knowledge of grief counselling, from home with this level 3 course.
- Understand grief, loss, bereavement and mourning.
- Develop knowledge about the models of bereavement and anticipatory loss.
- Explain ‘the invisible toolbox part 1’ in developing counselling skills.
- Understand ‘the invisible toolbox part 2’ in approaches and techniques.
- Recognise know how to support people with children, adolescents and loss.
- Approved by ACCPH.
Covering all aspects of grief counselling disorder, this level 3 course aims to equip you with real depth of knowledge around this area.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Grief Counselling Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Differentiate the terms grief, loss, bereavement and mourning
- Role of the grief counsellor
- Attitudes towards death
- Models/Stages of grief - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- TEAR - Worden
- Complicated grief
- Models of grief
- Persistent complex bereavement disorder
- Impede the role of the grief counsellor
- Aim of grief counselling
- Rogers’s client-centred approach to grief counselling
- Psychological approaches
- Case study: Laura
- Major depression disorder
- Models of grieving stages
- Child symptoms of grief
- Applying interventions for a child who is grieving
- Empty chair technique
- Therapist’s worksheets
- Your role as a bereavement counsellor
- Choose a model of bereavement to apply to the case study
- Interventions best for the case study
The Grief Counselling course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Grief Counselling Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists, and Hypnotherapists), The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists, and hypnotherapists.
No previous knowledge or skills are required to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Grief Counselling Level 3 Certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.