Introduction Course in Soccer Science and Performance
Make your CPD a priority with this online introduction course in soccer science and performance.
- This course has been developed to cover the core elements at the highest level, whether you are just starting out or finishing an elite soccer coaching license.
- Course tutorials are led by leading figures in the soccer coaching industry from around the world.
- Get access to course tutor’s academic knowledge, insights and practical experience to enhance areas of understanding and make you a better leader.
- Study online from the comfort your own home.
This introductory course has been designed to facilitate your learning in this field to the highest level, with tutorials from world-class experts who have coached players and clubs at the highest levels. Tutors on this course include Professor Vasilios Kalapothatakos, Nikki Crawley, Dr. Patrick Orme, and Chris Meek.
This course in soccer science and performance will help you to understand the technical and tactical elements of the game. You will also gain a broad understanding of essential soccer performance components that make up successful coaching units and staffing structures to enable you to develop your players to achieve their full potential and team success.
You will have 12 months to complete this course.
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Certificate in Soccer Science and Performance.
There are no pre-requisites to study this course.
You will be assessed through eight individual tasks based on the course modules.
- Led by Professor Vasilios Kalapotharakos (past and present clubs include: Panionios FC, Panathinaikos FC, Asteras Tripolis FC, Shenzhen Ruby (China), Aris FC).
- Identify the physical demands of the game.
- Understand positional differences within match-play and training.
- Identify tactical differences in the physical output.
- Understand the challenges of coaching.
- Led by Nikki Crawley (past and present clubs include: Fulham FC Academy, Chelsea FC Academy).
- Understand what resilience is and why we should care.
- Resilience bandwidth and the environment.
- Challenging mindsets – predictability versus unpredictability.
- Psychological environment – pressure, development and awareness.
- Led by Dr. Alejandro Romero-Caballero (past and present clubs include: AD Colmenar Viejo, Cerceda CF).
- Understand tactical periodisation background.
- Implications and considerations of training methodology.
- Developing a game model.
- Structuring the microcycle.
- Led by Dr. Patrick Orme (past and present clubs include: Bristol City FC, Liverpool FC, Everton FC).
- Increase knowledge about the types of injuries seen in soccer.
- Understand what can be done on the pitch to reduce the risk of injuries occurring.
- Identify what can be done in the gym to reduce the risk of these injuries happening.
- Led by Maximilian Lankheit (past and present clubs include: Seattle Sounders, San Francisco Giants, FC Nurnberg).
- Leadership and managing change.
- Group dynamics and team optimisation.
- Problem solving and systematic thinking.
- Developing high performance teams and performance models.
- Led by Chris Meek (past and present clubs include: The English Football Association, Leeds United FC, Huddersfield Town AFC).
- Goal scoring trends of the UEFA Champions League.
- Comparative analysis of goal scoring trends: case study.
- Analysing crosses and cutbacks within the game.
- Tactical differences – creating chances.
- Led by Matthew Jones (past and present clubs include: West Ham United FC, Stoke City FC, Chelsea FC Ladies, Saudi Arabia National Team, Brentford FC).
- Link between physical performance and nutrition.
- Soccer-specific nutrition.
- Nutritional periodisation.
- Nutritional analysis.
- Intervention and education.
- Led by Dr. Manuel Segovia (past and present clubs include: Cartagena SAD. Hercules CF, Chabab Rif).
- The evolution of competitive soccer demands.
- An example of a weekly training structure - working microcycle.
- Training session examples and specific content.
- Opposition analysis and game plan development.
- Technical-tactical-conditioning implication of the microcycle.
Once enrolled, you have 12 months to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be delivered online.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Certificate in Soccer Science and Performance.
You will complete eight individual tasks which are based on what you have studied during the eight modules.
There a no requirements for you to study this course.
You will have 12 months from enrolment to complete this course.
No, your certificate will be issued based on your assignments alone.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.