Sale! Jewellery Making QLS Level 2
Are you interested in creating your own jewellery? This level 2 course can help you do just that!
- Learn the different knotting techniques in bead and threading work.
- Explore the materials and tools used to make beautiful jewellery.
- Study the techniques for working with wires.
- Understand the different methods for working with metal.
You will receive your course by post or email, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
The course will allow you to study whenever you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- History of jewellery in ancient civilisations
- Develop design ideas
- Design considerations for different pieces of jewellery
- Design considerations for different materials
- Threading tools
- Wire tools
- Metalwork tools
- Different types of thread
- Crimps in beadwork
- Different knotting techniques in bead and threading work
- The range of beads which can be used in beadwork
- Defining the term ‘findings’
- Techniques used in wirework
- Function of working with chains
- Use of memory wire
- Finishing and polishing
- Correct workshop set up for metalwork
- Different types of metal and their applications that are used in jewellery
- Metal work techniques
- Finishing and polishing metalwork
- Application of stone types and their use in jewellery
- Readymade settings and custom settings
- Use of clay and resin in jewellery making and decoration
- Use of found objects in jewellery making
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which you submit to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. This course will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your materials is hassle-free. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor-marked assignments only.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve a certificate of achievement in Jewellery Making Level 2.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.