Nail Technician QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge of nails and boost your skills with this home learning course.
- Study the latest techniques of nail enhancements and design
- Develop your professional skills and become customer-focused
- Understand the legislation and regulations that are relevant to the nail industry
- Prepare to work within a salon or run your own business
- Understand the wider nail industry and the job opportunities within it
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
Up 1 year.
You will receive your Nail Technician Level 3.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
Series of written assignments.
- Health and safety legislation
- Hygiene in the workplace
- Preventing infection
- Preparing for the client
- Your health and safety responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- First aid
- Fire precautions
- COSHH within the nail industry
- Data protection
- Security procedures
- Cash handling
- Professional standards
- National Occupational Standards
- Client consultation
- New clients
- Regular clients
- Agreeing a treatment plan
- Giving aftercare advice
- Effective communication techniques
- How to handle complaints
- Dealing with staff disputes or disagreements
- Preparing your work area
- Seating and lighting
- Sterilising equipment
- Methods of sterilisation
- Nail enhancement products
- Other considerations
- Nail and skin analysis
- The structure of the skin
- The structure of the nail
- Nail growth
- Nail types
- Nail diseases and disorders
- Preparing the nail and applying tips
- Preparing the natural nail
- Different tips and their features
- Guidelines for choosing suitable tips
- Acrylic and powder enhancements
- Gel enhancements
- Fibreglass or silk (wrap system) enhancements
- Sculpture nail enhancements
- Equipment for nail art
- Consulting with clients
- Planning a nail art treatment
- How to design nail art
- Different nail art brushes
- Techniques and designs
- Charms and rhinestones
- Even lines and striping techniques
- Dots and circles
- Flower designs
- Using glitter
- How to apply nail transfers
- Applying foils
- Nail jewellery
- Airbrushing: equipment and techniques
- Where can a nail technician work?
- Being your own boss
- Obtaining finance
- Self-employed status
- Marketing yourself
- Working for a company
- Working on a mobile basis
- Working on cruise ships
- Working in the media industry
- Working in teaching
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor.
You may start at any time and have up to 1 year to complete your studies. This gives you flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and tutor support for the home study part of the course.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in your Nail Technician Level 3.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course
You may start at any time and you have up to 1 year. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
*FREE Nail Technician Kit which includes:
- Nail art training hand*
- 10 x Emery boards*
- 10 x Manicure sticks*
- Rubber end stick*
- Plastic nail brush*
- Nail buffer*
- Cuticle cream and cuticle oil*
- Nail buffering cream*
- Base coat, topcoat, red nail varnish, pink nail varnish*
- Clear Spatula*
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need will be included in the cost of the course.
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.