Sale! Carpentry and Joinery QLS Level 3
Learn a new trade with a flexible home learning course.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the theoretical aspects of carpentry
- Learn how to craft high-quality items using the appropriate materials, tools and techniques
- Transform wood into saleable items, from tables to rocking horses!
- Carpenters enjoy a relatively high income, meeting the demand for uniquely produced objects
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in assignments has never been easier.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Carpentry and Joinery Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Description of hardwood and softwood
- Uses for wood and supply
- Natural defects
- Drying processes
- Storing timber
- Basic overview of timber grading
- Properties of timber related to use
- Timber preservation
- Workshop space and general handling of tools
- Measuring tools
- Setting out bench tools
- Squares and gauges
- Saws (types and selection)
- Punches and drivers
- Finishing tools
- Tool storage and maintenance
- Safety aspects
- Use of power tools
- Maintenance and storage
- Electric drills
- Circular saws
- Mitre saws
- Nail guns
- Safety aspects
- Charging and storage
- Electric drills
- Cartridge and impulse operated fixing tools
- Cutting timber
- End joints (simple scarf joints)
- Edge joints (lap and mortise and tenon)
- Dowel joints
- Dovetail joints
- Mitre joints
- Health and safety and preparing the working environment
- Adhesives: types, safety, application and uses
- Nails: types, safety, application and uses
- Screws: types, sizes, uses and application
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.