Sale! Primatology QLS Level 3
Explore the world of primatology, from home!
- Successfully identify primates
- Understand the general characteristics of primates as a whole
- Explore the difference between monkeys, apes and prosimians
- Use taxonomy to classify different species and understand the origin of Latin species names
- Recall the evolution and divergence of the primate group
- Identify between different species, families and subfamilies of primates
- Analyse threats faced by primate species around the world and what can be done to protect them
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Join over 100,000 people that have improved their knowledge with us!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
Primatology Level 3.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Introduction of primates
- Characteristics of the class Mammalia
- System of taxonomic classification of animals
- Compare the characteristics of apes and monkeys
- Evolutionary history of primates
- Identify common anatomical and physiological characteristics
- Global distribution of new world monkeys
- Primates belonging to the Callitrichidae and Cebidae families including marmosets and capuchins
- Primates belonging to the Atelidae family including howler and spider monkeys
- Primates belonging to the Aotidae and Pitheciidae families including owl monkeys, sakis and uakaris
- Global distribution of old world monkeys
- Cercopithecinae I – Characteristics of species belonging to the Papionini tribe – including the macaques, baboons and drills
- Cercopithecinae II – Characteristics of species belonging to the Cercopithecini tribe including the guenons, talapoins and mona monkeys
- Old world monkeys belonging to the Colobinae subfamily
- Geography and habitats of Madagascar
- Global distribution of the prosimians
- Primates belonging to the Strepsirrhini suborder
- Primates belonging to the Haplorhini suborder
- Global distribution of the gibbons and orangutans
- Species belonging to the Hoolock and Hylobates genera
- Species belonging to the Symphalangus and Nomascus genera
- Subspecies and characteristics of the species in the Pongo genus
- Global distribution of the Great Apes
- Species belonging to the Gorilla genus
- Subspecies and characteristics of the common chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes
- Subspecies and characteristics of the bonobo, Pan paniscus
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your course tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
You will have a year to complete this course. This gives you well over enough time to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
A science related, geography or geology GCSE is desirable to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.