Retail Management and Visual Merchandising
Develop your knowledge in retail management and visual merchandising from home!
- Explore the ways in which retail management and the customer are changing.
- Understand the importance of customer service and getting your products to your customers.
- Learn how to create a pricing strategy and employ the right people.
- Study the concepts behind visual merchandising and how it can have an impact on profitability.
This course will allow you to study at a time and place which suits you with no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with. This means you can fit studying around your other commitments!
You will receive your course by post or email, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to two years
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Retail management is changing
- Losing touch with consumers
- Market segmentation
- Rational models
- The role of experience in shopping
- Finding out how customers feel
- Brands: meaning and values
- What is customer service?
- The importance of customer service
- The experience of being in your store
- Locating the right product
- Solving customers' problems
- The value chain
- What to stock and whom to sell it to
- Who to buy supplies from
- Inventory management
- Forecasting and early sales data
- Restocking and rapid supply
- Direct channels
- Access and convenience
- Suppliers and manufacturer partnerships
- Point of purchase
- Distribution strategy
- A return to haggling?
- Advertising and promotion
- Social media and publicity
- Is cheapest best?
- Customer loyalty schemes
- Other pricing strategies
- Real value integrity
- Getting the right people
- Creating a customer-oriented culture
- Personality and motivation
- Managing performance
- Setting motivational SMART goals
- Expectations, value and brand
- Training and developing people
- Leading and managing people
- Role modelling
- Learning about people
- Understand the concept of visual merchandising
- Role of visual merchandiser fits into the retail sector
- How it has an impact on the profitability of an organisation
- Terminology of visual merchandising
- How the terminology supports the process in the retail industry
- Understand key words such as visual concepts and seasonal themes
- Understand the four F’s: Fashion, fabric, fit and features
- Advertising tool
- Price ticketing
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, you will be assessed on your tutor-marked assignments only.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.