Sale! Substance Use and Misuse Awareness QLS Level 3
Gain an in-depth understanding and awareness of substance use and misuse. Study where and when you choose and at a pace that suits you!
- Gain the knowledge you need to understand the causes of substance and drug abuse
- Be aware of the different treatments available
- Explore the help and advice that is available for drug users and their families
- Understand how to work with individuals with addiction problems
Do you have an interest in working with people who suffer from substance use and misuse problems? Perhaps you would like to become a counsellor or therapist? Then this course is perfect if you want to kick-start your career!
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Your experienced and friendly tutor will help you every step of the way by email. You will have more than enough time to complete your course so you can work at your own pace. Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 100,000 students that already have!
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Reasons individuals have for using drugs and alcohol (both positive and negative)
- Different motivations for using various substances
- Analysing underlying causes
- Physical and psychological effects that drugs and alcohol can have on the people who use them
- Different ways to respond to substance use and misuse
- National and international drug policing and prevention strategies
- Different individual charities and support groups that are available
- Impact drugs can have on individuals especially children and families living in a wider community
- Ways that communities can help those suffering from substance use problems
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This is enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away! You can start the course at any time.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once your tutor has received your work they will mark and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in Substance Use and Misuse Awareness Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.