NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Become a qualified teaching assistant with this NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification from home!
- This NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning is ideal for anyone hoping to begin their career as a teaching assistant.
- Achieve an accredited, nationally recognised NCFE CACHE teaching assistant qualification.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years when you enrol on your course.
- Study at home at your own pace.
This NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification is ideal for those looking to pursue a career as a teaching assistant. On successful completion of your course, you will become a qualified teaching assistant.
The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to support pupils in primary, secondary, or SEN schools with their learning. You’ll learn more about how your role can ensure the safety and protection of children and young people in the learning environment; how to monitor the development of children and young people; and how to provide an environment that supports the health and safety of children and young people.
The Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning nested qualification
OSC’s range of Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualifications sit within CACHE’s nested suite of courses. Students can top up their studies to achieve the full nested qualification if they desire, or study one qualification type alone. The nested qualification starts with the award, then the certificate, and finally the diploma.
Each of the courses in this nested qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to work with children and young people in primary, secondary, or SEN schools, allowing you to become a fully qualified teaching assistant on completion of the course.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 603/2495/8
- Learn the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised regarding roles and responsibilities
- Know the importance of teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand the ethos, mission, aims and values of education
- Learn the importance of policies and procedures in education
- Understand how to provide environments that support children and young people's health and safety
- Learn how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Know how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment
- Know the responsibilities of your own role is assisting the administration of medication
- Know the legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Learn the importance of ensuring the safety and protection of children and young people in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Learn how to support wellbeing when working with children and young people
- Understand the pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people's development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people's development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to take control of your studies. You can study at your own pace from a place that suits you. All your learning materials will be posted or emailed to you online, depending on the learning method you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only ever a click away.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning. A certificate will be provided to you as recognition of your achievement.
Who are CACHE?
The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) are the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications for those working within care and education. CACHE qualifications are recognised across the education and care industries and they are amongst the most well-known and respected qualifications.
Our range of CACHE vocational qualifications are suitable for individuals involved in early years, education, childcare, and health and social care. All courses lead to a nationally recognised Ofqual regulated qualification and are accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
CACHE works closely with employers and learners to ensure that learners have a progression route whether it’s into further study, a career, or university. These qualifications have helped millions of people obtain the skills and knowledge they need to meet the professional standards required in the care, education, and health industries.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can apply for a position as a teaching assistant, learning support assistant, or special educational needs assistant. Alternatively, you can also progress your studies further and complete the next stage in your level 3 nested qualification in supporting teaching and learning.
This course is ideal for anyone looking for a nationally recognised qualification that will allow them to become a qualified teaching assistant.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course and you do not need any previous qualifications. However, you must have basic IT skills and be fluent in English.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- FREE CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need to be working to enrol on this course as this is a knowledge-only qualification.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.