NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines
Boost your skills in handling medicine, from home!
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification in medication handling
- Go onto further vocational training and placement opportunities
- Achieve a career in the care industry
- Gain an understanding of the requirements for the administration of medication
- Develop your knowledge in how medication is supplied, stored and disposed
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
Up to 1 year
Approximately 110 hours
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 501/0037/3
- Use of different types of medication
- Understand how medicines are classified
- Legislation and guidelines related to medication
- The roles of self and others in the medication process
- Accessing information about medication
- How medicines are supplied and obtained
- Requirements for storing medication
- Requirements for the safe disposal of medication
- Legislation and guidance in relation to administration of medicine
- Preparation to be taken prior to administering medication
- How medication is administered safely and in a way that meets individual needs
- Supporting individuals to administer their own medication
- The procedures to follow when there are problems with the administration of medication
- Monitoring the effects of medication
- Audit process in relation to medication transactions and stock levels
- How information is recorded, and confidentiality maintained
- Own role in relation to accountability and responsibility
- The importance of safeguarding individuals in relation to medication use
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 110 hours to complete. Students will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however you must be at least 18 years of age.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- Comprehensive study guide
- Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
You do not need to be working to enrol onto this course as this is a knowledge only qualification.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.