Sale! World War 2 QLS Level 3
Take a trip back in time with this course and explore what life was like in World War 2. Investigate why such a historical war broke out and what it was like for people living on the home front in Britain and Germany. Study this interesting course, from home now. Distance learning couldn’t be easier!
- Outline the key points of WW2
- Discover how and why WW2 broke out
- Explain how Hitler came into power
- Understand the significance of WW2 in terms of world history
- Explore the significance of ‘D-Day’
- Understand the changes in military technology throughout the war
- Explore what life was like in the home front in Britain and Germany
- Learn how the war ended and Germany collapsed in 1945
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
World War 2 Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The treaty of Versailles
- Effect on Germany after 1918
- Adolf Hitler 1933
- Appeasement policy
- Nations avoiding another war
- How WW2 began
- System of alliances
- ‘The phony war’
- Invasion of Poland
- Military technology since 1914
- Movements in the first year of war
- German invasion of the lowlands, Norway and Denmark
- German invasion of France
- Characteristics of ‘blitzkrieg’
- The Battle of Britain
- Formation and characteristics of the axis alliance
- Rationale which informed operation Barbarossa
- Operation Barbarossa
- Events including Pearl Harbour
- American entry into the war
- Why Italy surrendered to the allies in 1943
- Changes in military technology to 1944
- The home front in Britain and Germany
- Why Germany collapsed in 1945
- War closing phase
- Nuclear weapons
- Setting the scene for the cold war
- Significance of WW2 in terms of world history
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol onto this course. You may need to conduct your own further reading.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve a World War 2 Level 3 Certificate of Achievement.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.