Sale! Zoology QLS Level 3
Explore the interesting world of animals in this fascinating zoology course!
- Develop your understanding of the key principles of evolution and reproduction
- Study the hierarchy of animal complexity and classifications of organisms
- Learn more about complex vertebrates and invertebrates
- Understand the skeletal and nervous systems in the natural world, as well as their methods of digestion and nutrition
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Join over 100,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Life’s origins both chemically and biologically
- Historical development of cellular understanding
- Function of cells
- Metabolic process of the cell
- Inheritance diagrams
- Genetic inheritance
- Mendel’s theories of inheritance
- Historical evolutionary theories
- Darwinian evolutionary theory
- Reproductive strategies
- Hierarchy of animal complexity and body shape
- Classifying organisms
- Simple unicellular organisms
- Advantages and disadvantages of unicellular and simple multicellular organisms
- Mollusca group
- Members of the annelid
- Hexapod groups
- Species of crustacea
- Echinoderm group
- Biology of fishes
- Reptiles and amphibians
- Requirements for a species to be classified as a bird
- Mammal group
- Skeletal systems in the natural world
- Animal’s internal environment
- Methods of digestion and nutrition in organisms
- Nervous system and its role
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
To enrol onto this course, we ask that students to have previously studied biology (or a related subject) to at least GCSE level.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will a Certificate of Achievement in Zoology Level 3.
It’s not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That’s not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Support Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.